The patients in our unit require very special care. An important part of that care includes visiting with loved ones. We hope that you find the following information helpful.
Visiting Your Loved One
While we welcome you to the bedside, visiting times and the number of visitors are based on the patient’s condition and needs. Please help us do what is best for your loved one. Your rest is also important at this time. If you need hotel information please ask us and we can provide you with a list. There are some hotels nearby that offer discounted rates to hospital visitors. Children 12 years and above are welcome in patient’s room with an adult. Please wash your hands before going in and out of the patient’s room. Check with the nurse if you have been sick in the past 24 hours. Silk flowers, cards, non-latex balloons and other gifts are encouraged.
For the safety of the transplant patients on this unit, fresh flowers, plants and fruits are not allowed.
Transplant Intensive Care - Two visitors at a time. Short visits are allowed during the night.
Nurses Station: 210-358-4417 or 210-358-4413
Transplant Telemetry - One visitor may stay in the patient’s room over night.
Nurses Station: 210-358-4455 or 210-358-4410
We have a waiting room available and ask that you not wait in the hallways around the patient rooms.
- Another waiting room is available to you on the 8th floor if our waiting room is full.
Use of cell phones is preferred in patients’ rooms or in family waiting areas.
- Please do not use cell phones in the hallway.
Silence Helps Healing
- To promote healing, if you are visiting at night, we ask that you participate in our “Quiet Time” from 9 p.m. until 6 a.m. We dim the lights, turn down/off TVs, silence cell phones, and speak softly.
- Out of respect to everyone, loud children and adults may be asked to leave the waiting room.
For your convenience:
|University Hospital parking map|
- Our chapel, The Peveto Center for Pastoral Care, is located in the Rio Tower, 1st floor and is open: 24 hours a day.
- The gift shop is in the Sky Tower, 1st floor and is open: Monday - Friday 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (ATM available)
- The cafeteria is in the Rio Tower, 3rd floor and is open: 6 a.m. to 1 a.m. (ATM available)
- For the safety of everyone, the hospital main entrance closes from midnight to 5 a.m. Anyone wishing to enter the hospital after hours is asked to enter through the Emergency Department.